Thursday, June 7, 2012

Published in The Asahi Shimbun

Looks like all the hard work has paid off. I've been practicing haiku for a couple of months and been reading all the journals I could get my hands on. Then I started making my own haiku, taking into consideration the different elements in nature as they are, the sky, the air, the sun--and then relate these to the human condition.

Some haiku moments can't really be explained, they just sort of light up in your mind, a kind of enlightenment maybe, and they just have to be written down before the moment passes. Like how the seasons flow. How things die. How things live. How things are beautiful as they are.

Several haiku of mine appear at The Asahi Shimbun, a Japanese publication. The haiku section is edited by David McMurray. Have a read if you have team. The pieces are really short, but certainly worthwhile.

No comments: