Thursday, February 26, 2015

White and Gold or Blue and Black? This Dress is Driving Me Nuts

What color is this dress??? Seriously? Had the tab open to this page, and I was sure I saw WHITE AND GOLD.

I went to the bathroom, and the next thing I know, the dress is BLUE AND BLACK.

I experimented with my officemates by opening the picture on my computer screen and having them look.

5 Men say: White and Gold
5 Women say: Blue and Black

Is it a sex difference thing?

I furthered my research, and some claim that "scientists" explain this phenomenon as a side effect of one's emotional state. If you see Blue and Black, it's because you're stressed. If you see white and gold, you're calm and happy.

But what's the true color of the dress? Gizmodo peeps used photoshop's eyedropper tool and it identified the dress to be BLUE. No more arguing with that. But people are still seeing the white and gold.

MINDFUCK!

No comments: