But this is my blog, therefore I name my lasagna creation Las-Anne-ya Lasagna!!! :<
Actually I just wanna share the first ever lasagna I baked in my life and how I did it. You see, all 12 servings disappeared in the course of two meals, so that must mean something. I was also told it's restaurant-level cooking. So that must also mean something.
|Look at My Cheesy Baby|
Here's what I used:
- 1/2 Kg ground beef sirloin
- 1 whole + 1/2 minced onion
- 1 whole + 1/2 Pinoy garlic, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp salt
- fresh honey, to taste
- 12 lasagna noodles
- olive oil
- 2 bricks Cheesemelt (grated)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 250g Cottage Cheese
- 250g Sour Cream
- 1 cup diced Double Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- Season beef with basil, rosemary, italian seasoning, and 1 tbsp salt.
- Brown garlic and onions in olive oil.
- Add beef and cook till lightly browned.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, parsley, and black pepper. Simmer for 1hr and 30 mins.
- Cook lasagna noodles for 10 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Prepare the white sauce by mixing all the white sauce ingredients
- Butter the casserole before putting a layer of red sauce at the bottom.
- Layer: Add lasagna noodles. Spread white sauce on top of the noodles, and then spread read sauce. Topmost layer will have white sauce and grated cheesemelt.
- Bake covered with foil for 25 mins. Uncovered for another 25 mins. And then, yum!
|The making of the Red Sauce|
|This thing smells great|
|Notoriously buttery Double Cream Cheese|