Monday, January 7, 2013

I Dub this: Las-Anne-ya Lasagna!!!

This isn't a cooking blog. This isn't a makeup blog. This isn't a fashion blog. This isn't a literary blog.

But this is my blog, therefore I name my lasagna creation Las-Anne-ya Lasagna!!! :<

Actually I just wanna share the first ever lasagna I baked in my life and how I did it. You see, all 12 servings disappeared in the course of two meals, so that must mean something. I was also told it's restaurant-level cooking. So that must also mean something.

Look at My Cheesy Baby


Here's what I used:
  • 1/2 Kg ground beef sirloin
  • 1 whole + 1/2 minced onion
  • 1 whole + 1/2 Pinoy garlic, crushed
  • 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
  • 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
  • 1 tsp rosemary
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • fresh honey, to taste
  • 12 lasagna noodles
  • olive oil
  • 2 bricks Cheesemelt (grated)
  • Butter
White Sauce
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
  • 250g Cottage Cheese
  • 250g Sour Cream
  • 1 cup diced Double Cream Cheese
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 large egg (beaten)
Make it!
  1. Season beef with basil, rosemary, italian seasoning, and 1 tbsp salt.
  2. Brown garlic and onions in olive oil.
  3. Add beef and cook till lightly browned.
  4. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, parsley, and black pepper. Simmer for 1hr and 30 mins.
  5. Cook lasagna noodles for 10 mins.
  6. Preheat oven to 180C
  7. Prepare the white sauce by mixing all the white sauce ingredients
  8. Butter the casserole before putting a layer of red sauce at the bottom.
  9. Layer: Add lasagna noodles. Spread white sauce on top of the noodles, and then spread read sauce. Topmost layer will have white sauce and grated cheesemelt.
  10. Bake covered with foil for 25 mins. Uncovered for another 25 mins. And then, yum!
Here are some pictures:

The making of the Red Sauce
This thing smells great

Notoriously buttery Double Cream Cheese

Las-Anne-ya!

No comments: