- Karma is action. Thoughts/intentions are considered actions as well.
- The six realms of Buddhist cosmology are as much mental states as they are "spaces." Anger, passion, ignorance, jealousy, pride, attachment are all realms we can be reincarnated into the same life and the life after.
- Both wholesome and unwholesome actions done in these states of mind may result in either suffering or happiness.
- Transient happiness is, by nature, a source of suffering as it cannot last.
- True happiness happens through wishing others to be happy (through love and compassion)
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Crash Course on Buddhism
Reading up on Buddhist concepts for a new story. What I learned: