Sunday, September 23, 2012

New Addiction: Guild Wars 2

Well well well, just when I thought I wouldn't be able to find another (good) RPG-type game to play, here comes Guild Wars 2.


It's great! I never liked MMOs, but this one, with its dynamic world events and personal stories, lean more towards traditional RPGs but with a social aspect.

From the moment the character screen opened, the music beckoned. I just knew I was in for a great adventure. I was in denial at first. I didn't want to buy the game because I was gonna play on a macbook pro, which doesn't really have a good video card. I was trying to convince myself that no, the game can't be THAT fun that I should invest not only in a GW2 account but also on a gaming pc.

But lo and behold, two days later I'd bought my own gaming pc and GW2 account and now have a Sylvari warrior to explore the lands with.

Within a week, I became as attached to my Sylvari as I did to the characters from my fave RPGs (Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, Aya, Squall, Rinoa, Ryu, Musashi) just some of the game characters I couldn't let go of for the better part of grade school and high school.

I'll try to get a screencap of my warrior to remember her by just in case I shift to a new character. Bye bye to social life for now :D

3 comments:

Brian said...

the fact that I have an 85 geared rogue is one of my darkest secrets.

I heard this game is cool. I might have to check it out.

Brian said...

Also you know I just found this blog by hitting next blog. Since I believe in fate at times, I will ask you this. I am a writer, I write experimental, dark fiction. Are there any underground or counterculture magazines or publications where you are that do stories on writers such as myself where you are? I would have emailed you this but didnt see your email mine is Brianwhitneywriting@gmail.com

Anne Carly Abad said...

Hi, Brian, didn't receive your email. I'll get in touch with this one you provided.

Yes, do play GW2, it's addictive!:)