Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Acceptance Letters First Quarter 2015

I have not been as prolific as I'd like. But I do believe I've been producing higher quality work lately. More inspired. More meaty.

70% of the time, I submit work to paying publications. The other 30% are for the non-paying zines that I either read already or read ABOUT in reviews. I choose paying pubs for several reasons:

1. The curation of the work is USUALLY of higher quality.
2. They place a budget on cover art.
3. They place a premium value on art, contributing to a culture that supports artists.

This is not to say that non-paying joints produce low-quality work. But I have seen it happen. Perhaps because the publisher has a free reign to include as many literary pieces as it likes. Like padding. I have also, however, seen non-paying reviews that publish high quality work. I enjoyed reading these journals so much that I wonder why they aren't getting the readership they deserve?!

Anyway, here are the places where I will appear in this year.

Thank you to the editors for the opportunity!

:)

No comments: