Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Fave Poem of the Week: A Modern Prometheus (Strange Horizons)

I love this fresh new take on Prometheus. Just when I thought this lore is getting old, Lynette Mejia whips it up into something energizing.

My favorite lines:
What is called for here
is patience and pain
The passion of waiting births the most beautiful things. Read the poem here.

In other news, a haiku of mine will appear in Presence Issue #49. Presence is Britain's leading independent haiku journal. Matt Morden, the editor, suprised me with a follow up email, after having read my blog. Editors do read your blogs, writers! (OMG) :O better get those sites into tip top shape!

This is what he had to say about my poem:

PS, having just looked at your blog and your comments re feedback about why poems have been accepted, I thought it might be useful to let you know that I have accepted this because I enjoyed the connection between the rougher waves (whitecaps) rocking the baby on the float toy - a moment of nature and humanity in harmony!
Regards,

Matt

I know editors have a lot on their plate. So really, thanks, Matt. Comments are always appreciated. :)

No comments: