Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Ice Cream on a Hot Day, and Haiku, Too

Oh man! What's up with this heat? I know it's summer, but this is an all new high (temperature). The Philippines has clocked a lot of hottest days these past few weeks. Good thing there's ice cream :D

Tried out this new place in Eastwood City, called Swensen's. They have lots of sundaes and banana splits. We tried out the one served on a waffled cone.

Midnight Brownies, Cookies and Cream, Choc Peanut Butter
Yesterday, I got some good news again. I got a haiku accepted in Shamrock Haiku Journal, the journal of the Irish Haiku Society. It is edited by Anatoly Kudryavitsky, who was so kind as to add me to their Facebook group as well. That's really cool. I think this is what writers lack. Community.

I think I should go see many more places in the Philippines. They yield some of the better material I've written over the years. Sometimes, you do have to look for inspiration. Which reminds me, I should write about that Japanese shipwreck my bf and I visited in Coron, Palawan.

No comments: