Sunday, March 17, 2013

Headache, Backache and Writer's Bloc

Good Lord, what's up with my head? I've been getting migraines for weeks. I'm thinking it might have something to do with my love affair with chocolate, but I'm in denial. I mean, chocolate's got antioxidants and stuff, so it can't be bad for me, right?

To top it off, I have this backache. The cause of which is my table at work. It's too high up, so I have to tense my shoulders to be able to type well on my laptop. When I try to pump my chair up, within a few hours it just sinks back down. Is it cheap or is it broken? I have no idea but it's giving me back problems.

But there's good news amid all these aches and pains. I recently got an acceptance letter for two poems of mine. "A Saint to the Wise Man" and "Fear of Water" will appear in the 2013 issue of Writer's Bloc Literary Magazine, the official literary journal of Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Kingsville, Texas. Some of the renowned names that this magazine has published: Bruce Bond (read some of his poems from the Beloit Poetry Journal and I'm a fan), Marjorie Agosin, Cathy Downs, George Vargas, and others. Found the call for submissions here while looking for a home for some of my work.

Subscriptions to Writer's Bloc: Copies of the magazine are available in Fore 110 or the TAMUK Barnes and Noble Bookstore for $2.00, or via U.S. mail for $7.00.

Here's the (rare) acceptance letter:
Dear Anne,


If still available, we would like to publish the poems, "A Saint to the Wise Man" and "Fear of Water" in the 2013 issue of Writer's Bloc Literary Magazine.

The issue is scheduled to appear in November. Payment is one copy.

We look forward to hearing from you.


Octavio Quintanilla
Editor, Writer’s Bloc Literary Magazine
Thanks, Writer's Bloc!

No comments: