Thursday, April 22, 2010

Iyas and Dumaguete Workshops

Well, I'm getting excited. I made it to both the 10th Iyas Creative Writing Workshop and the 49th Dumaguete National Writers Workshop. A bunch of people I know will be there as well, kinda like a reunion.

I'm leaving this Sunday and haven't really decided whether or not to send something to this year's Palanca writing contest. I'm just getting lazy these days, and I'd rather watch all those shows I missed while finishing college. Sigh...Never thought I'd have so much free time!

Anyhow, I've still got to finish this big ass painting my grandmother requested from me. It's been so long since I used oil paint that I thought I'd have a hard time handling it. But I guess once you get the feel of it you never forget the skill. Kinda like riding a bicycle. :D

I'm gonna have to update this blog more often as the release of my first book--my anthology of stories--gets near. Can't wait! And I can only hope this laziness lifts. :b

No comments: