Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?

I began seriously writing in 2010. As part of my journey, I joined AbsoluteWrite, a forum for established and aspiring writers. The people in AW have helped propel me through the bad grammar, run on sentences, shaky plots and clichéd concepts.

I checked out my profile and found that I actually wrote some stuff there, surprising stuff. Have a look at the dream I wrote:


I wrote that my ultimate writing dream is to get my epic series published. I've been working on a novel for the better part of four years, and I think that unconsciously, I'm getting there! Yesterday, I've submitted the revised version of The Light Bringer's Kingdom, which stands at 85,000 words, cut down from its original 100,000. I guess much of this novel was fluff. I'm happy that my editors at Zharmae Publishing Press pushed me to cut out the unneeded sections of the story, and get the underlying gem to shine through. I've been delayed due to the length of time it took to rewrite sections of my novel that needed better characterization. But I'm almost there. We're almost there!

Also, the prequel to The Light Bringer's Kingdom, Epiko is also starting to look good, standing at 40,000 words and counting. I'm almost done with it. Just keep pressing on, I've always told myself. Things will fall into place.

No comments: