Sunday, December 28, 2014

Wonderful Year Ender: Nominated for the Pushcart Prize!!

Truly an honor. I don't really care if I win or not. I feel like all my hard work has paid off already!!

Reposting this blog post by Ms. Rhonda Parrish, publisher and editor of Niteblade:



Nominating for the Pushcart Prize is always difficult. Picking six works from all Niteblade has published over the year? It’s freaking tough. If you think I’m exaggerating, take a look over our archives and try to choose the six works you’d nominate from four issues. See? Hard.

This year it was made even more tricksy by the fact I was nominating not only from Niteblade, but also A is for Apocalypse. Luckily for me, I had back-up.

Poetry editor Alexandra Seidel helped me out with the nominations this year. And when I say helped me out I mean she was invaluable and pivotal when it came to making our poem-based decisions. So with no further ado… this year the Niteblade nominations for the Pushcart Prize are:


Congratulations ladies, and good luck!

No comments: