Sunday, October 20, 2013

Recent Wins: The Writers of the Future Contest & The Basho Haiku Festival Tournament 2013

I have two recent achievements that I'll plug here shamelessly.

"Sage's Reckoning," my 8000-word (long) short story earned an honorable mention at
L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future, 3rd Quarter for 2013. Not exactly a win, but hey, it makes me feel like I've 'achieved'. Still waiting for my certificate. Here is the email I received from Joni Labaqui (I had to recheck my submission log since I forgot what I submitted):

Dear Entrant,
Your story has now been judged and is an Honorable Mention for the 4th quarter.
Congratulations!!!
If you would like a certificate, please respond to this e-mail with
the name of your story, Your name as you would like it to appear
on the certificate and the address that you would like me to send it
to. YOU WILL NOT GET A CERTIFICATE UNLESS YOU PROVIDE ME WITH
THE INFORMATION ABOVE.

Best regards,

Joni Labaqui


My haiku has also won in The Basho Haiku Festival Tournament 2013. From

 (財)芭蕉翁顕彰会
(might be the organizers... I can't read Kanji):

Your haiku was selected as winning in Basho haiku festival tournament.
Congratulations.

Please tell me the address and zip code because we want to send the diploma of winning. May not reach them if they are incorrect.

*・*・*・*・*・*・*・*・*・*・*・*・*・*
 公益財団法人芭蕉翁顕彰会
    事務局 芭蕉翁記念館 山中
  〒518-8770
  三重県伊賀市上野丸之内117-13
   HP     http//www.ict.ne.jp/~basho-bp

Hooray for good news. I think I'll pig out on ice cream. :)