Saturday, August 10, 2013

"A Kingdom of Walls" to appear in Cordite 43: MASQUE

I thought they'd forgotten about my submission for this issue since it's been a few months. I get used to that, the ineffable silence of the submission hole. Some journals simply don't send a response and that means "no."

Fortunately, good things come to those who wait. I received an acceptance letter for my poem "A Kingdom of Walls," which will appear in Cordite Issue 43. Here is (part of) the letter I received from Mr. MacCarter, Managing Editor of Cordite Poetry Review:

Anne Abad

Ann Vickery, guest poetry editor of Cordite 43: MASQUE, has made her selections for the issue, and I'm happy to report that she would like to include your poem:

'A Kingdom of Walls'

Congratulations! I look forward to publishing it.

Shortly, I'll be sending along a link for you to proof your poem online. The issue will publish on 1 September 2013.

Thanks again,


Kent MacCarter | Managing Editor, Cordite Poetry Review
cordite.org.au | Twitter | Facebook

It's an honor to be included. I still have stars in my eyes. This poem is among the new experiments I've been working on, combining elements of fantasy and science fiction to my poetry. Looks like I'm going to keep this up!

:)

No comments: